Ready to start your journey with Johnson & Wales University’s College of Online Education? You’ve come to the right place. We’re excited to help you start working toward your degree. During the application process, you’ll have the full attention of university admission staff. They can answer any questions you have about admission requirements and more.
Admissions policy information is available in the Admissions section of the 2016-17 Official Online Catalog.
What kind of student are you?
Click on the appropriate link to start your application. We’ll provide a step-by-step breakdown of how to apply.
One of our online admissions associates will be happy to help you with the admissions process and answer any questions you have.
At the Johnson & Wales University College of Online Education, we take the guesswork out of how to apply for college. Just follow the simple steps below to complete your undergraduate application. If you have any questions along the way, our undergraduate admissions staff is more than happy to help.
Before You Apply
Effective May 16, 2016, all of JWU Online’s bachelor of science degree programs require either having earned college credit or two years of full-time work experience beyond date of high school completion prior to admission. Go to the Undergraduate Degrees page, click the program you're interested in, and review your program’s complete admission and course information. In addition, it’s a good idea to check the JWU College of Online Education’sComputer & Browser Requirements to ensure that you can fully participate in online learning at JWU.
Contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-JWU-1881 if you have any questions regarding the prerequisites required for admission.
Choose from four term start dates:
September • December • March • June
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit Your Free Application
Step 2: Submit Your Transcript
Request to have your transcripts, diplomas and/or certifications from all high school/postsecondary schools mailed to JWU as soon as possible. Getting your transcripts in early will help us make an admissions decision sooner. You have two ways to request your transcripts:
- Sign electronically. This is the quickest and easiest method to submit your transcript(s). Upon application, your Online Admissions Associate will send you a link via Docusign to sign, which will allow JWU to request your transcript(s) on your behalf. (If your school requires additional information to process the request, you will be notified by the admissions team.)
- OR download, print, and send the forms to your institution(s) by mail. Transcripts must be original on the institution’s letterhead and must be in a sealed envelope: High School or GED Transcript Request Form, College/University Transcript Request Form
- If submitting your transcripts by mail, please send to: College of Online Education, Johnson & Wales University, 115 Cedar St., Providence, RI 02903
- If your institution utilizes an electronic transcript delivery service, those may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: If you have not yet connected with an Online Admissions Associate but are interested in starting the transcript-request process, fill out this form and JWU Online will send you a link to get started.
It is the student’s responsibility to provide verification of high school/secondary school completion. Without verification, the student may not be allowed to register for the current term or continue enrollment and will be in jeopardy of losing his or her acceptance to the university as well as all financial aid. Refer to the “Admissions/Applying” section in the JWU Online Programs Catalog for information on verification documents.
Step 3: Submit Your Résumé
Effective May 16, 2016, all of JWU Online’s bachelor of science degree programs require either two full years of full-time work experience beyond date of high school completion or require having earned an associate degree or equivalent prior to admission. If your chosen degree program requires two full years of full-time work experience beyond date of high school completion, please submit a résumé to verify your experience:
- You can email your résumé to email@example.com
- If submitting your résumé by mail, please send to: College of Online Education, Johnson & Wales University, 115 Cedar St., Providence, RI 02903
Don't Forget to File Your FAFSA
If you are applying for FAFSA, apply as soon as possible. Filing is free and it’s easy — and it’s the only way to qualify for federal student aid.
- FSA ID.This will allow you to sign your FAFSA electronically. It will come to you via email within 4 hours.
- Submit your FAFSA. You’ll need your FSA ID (see above), SSN, driver’s license, your latest Federal tax return, and JWU’s school code: 003404
Still Have Questions?
Applying for college is a major decision. Don’t hesitate to contact our admissions staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-JWU-1881 at any point during the application process.