1/3 Bradley Place
White Hill QLD 4000
P: (07) 9191 0000
M: 0455 666 777
Dear Mr Cooper
Re: Senior Transport and Logistics Manager position
I am writing to apply for the position of Senior Transport and Logistics Manager as advertised on SEEK.com.au.
I have over 20 years of experience within the transport and logistics industry, with 9 years at senior management level. My transport experience includes extensive practical knowledge of the transport and distribution of various products by rail, road and sea. I have a thorough understanding of all aspects relating to management and regulatory and statutory compliance, and this includes a strong familiarity with all matters relating to OH&S and staff recruitment and development.
In my previous positions I have continually demonstrated my commitment to ongoing improvement of both services to clients and internal processes. I have undertaken extensive professional development, including Diplomas in both Education and Training and OH&S. With this training I have been able to improve operations and implement new state-wide safety and training programs in my position as State Manager at ICE Refrigerated Transport.
With respect to the position of Senior Transport and Logistics Manager I bring the following specific skills:
- Extensive experience in managing staff and resource allocation to achieve company targets and improve efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Practised in managing and planning equipment downtime and maintenance, with particular attention given to managing and maintaining R&M budgets
- Full understanding of, and experience in, conducting audits relating to the legislative and regulatory requirements for HACCP food safety and OH&S
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on P&L activity and other financial reports
- Highly developed customer relation skills with the ability to develop long-term alliances as well as maintaining relationships with current customers
During my previous employment I have led companies and divisions of companies in renewing their HVAS accreditation as well as ensuring compliance with NHVAS requirements. I have implemented a number of programs involving fatigue management, fuel transport and storage and HACCP food safety with great success. My strong communication and negotiation skills have enabled me to work very positively with the various regulatory authorities and government departments involved in the transport industry.
From my extensive experience, I have a strong appreciation of what would be required to succeed within this key position and I have the motivation and qualifications to achieve results.
I would very much like to discuss this position with you further, and look forward to hearing from you.
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Home: (555) 123-9876 – firstname.lastname@example.org
November 11, 2013
Anglo Gold Ashanti
RE: Logistic Manager, 11-11-2013
Dear Mr. Mawusi,
I am writing to express my strong interest in the Logistic manager position within your organization. As an experienced logistics professional who has a proven track record of savings costs and working with large vehicle fleets, I believe I would be an asset to your company.
I have over 20 years of experience providing inventory and logistics support to government contractors and private companies. My proven ability to meet organizational goals and deadlines has been tested over time while working in both domestic and international positions that have increased in responsibility. Here are a few highlights from my career to date:
- As Logistics Coordinator at International Development Solutions, LLC, I achieved 99% accuracy on inventory counts.
- Also at International Development Solutions, I maintained active and accurate records of all assigned equipment, taking strict accountability for all supplies and spare parts.
- As Logistics Coordinator at Triple Canopy Inc., I tracked and scheduled maintenance for over 300 vehicles.
- Maintained secret level security clearance (current through May 2019).
In every position I have held, I'm proud to say I' have performed at my utmost best. Often, I won't leave the office until all tasks are completed by the end of the day to ensure the best service for my clients. What really separates me from other candidates is my logistics experience and commitment to hard work.
Enclosed is my resume for your review. I would appreciate the chance to discuss opportunities within your organization that fit my background. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email listed above. Thank you for your attention and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Thank you, in advance, for your consideration.