A political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
The most familiar form of communism is that established by the Bolsheviks after the Russian Revolution of 1917, and it has generally been understood in terms of the system practiced by the former Soviet Union and its allies in eastern Europe, in China since 1949, and in some developing countries such as Cuba, Vietnam, and North Korea. Communism embraced a revolutionary ideology in which the state would wither away after the overthrow of the capitalist system. In practice, however, the state grew to control all aspects of communist society. Communism in eastern Europe collapsed in the late 1980s and early 1990s against a background of failure to meet people's economic expectations, a shift to more democracy in political life, and increasing nationalism such as that which led to the breakup of the Soviet Union
See also Marxism
- ‘Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union until the collapse of communism a decade ago.’
- ‘The Poles' victory at Warsaw was seen at the time as the salvation of European democracy in the face of communism.’
- ‘Capitalism and communism diminish the status of the individual, both as a citizen and as a human being.’
- ‘You don't seem to know the difference between capitalism, communism and socialism.’
- ‘I returned to Japan in 1948, and I found the red flags of communism everywhere.’
- ‘First, it has to be remembered that the collapse of communism came quickly and was not anticipated.’
- ‘The chief cause of the end of the cold war was the collapse of communism in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.’
- ‘True communism has no government and people own and operate everything communally.’
- ‘Yesterday's is the fifth fully free parliamentary election since the transition from communism to multiparty democracy in 1989.’
- ‘One might expect that Marx would go on to explain in some detail what communism would be like.’
- ‘In Eastern Europe it was abolished with the fall of communism and adoption of democracy.’
- ‘Without him, it might not have been feasible to negotiate the transition from communism to democracy.’
- ‘Men dominated the occupational system during communism, and this has not changed.’
- ‘These led to the dismantling and collapse of communism throughout Eastern and Central Europe.’
- ‘One of the themes of her book is China's change from old communism to new capitalism.’
- ‘Under socialism or communism, producers of profit and receivers of profit are the same people.’
collectivism, state ownership, socialism, radical socialismView synonyms
Democracy vs Communism Mega Essays
Democracy and communism are two of the most different, yet important systems of government ever to be set into motion. While total democracy and total communism are not widely spread, the effects of both can be seen in the countries that adopted these forms of government years ago. Whats gone wrong with democracy: Democracy was the most successful Meanwhile, the Chinese Communist Party has broken the democratic worlds
Communism Vs Democracy Free Coursework from Essay.uk.com .
The two different countries that I chose for comparing and contrasting their governments are Cuba and Costa Rica. First, I will tell you a little about each government, and then I will compare and contrast them. The National Assembly also chooses a Council of Ministers, which is in Poland
Communism Vs Democracy Communism Essays 123HelpMe.com
Free coursework on Communism Vs Democracy from Essay.uk.com, the UK essays company for essay, dissertation and coursework writing.
Incompatibility of Communism and Democracy DoMyPapers.com
Communism is an original system of society, quite different from Democracy in many ways. One of the first and major differences between a Communist and Democratic government is their contrary economic systems. In a communist government, the community owns the major resources and means of production. for Poland
Communism vs Democracy Difference and Comparison Diffen
6 Oct 2014 In this deductive essay sample the author explores the dichotomy “democracy vs. communism”. If you wish to find out whether the coexistence
Communism Vs Democracy Free Essays StudyMode
Whats the difference between Communism and Democracy? Democratic and communist political systems are based on different ideological principles.
Communism vs. Democracy GCSE Politics Marked by Teachers .
Essays - largest database of quality sample essays and research papers on Communism Vs Democracy. in Poland
DEMOCRACY The Economist
Democracy Communism is a theory of government in which the people are all considered equal. Democracy, a political system contrary to communism, admits the private ownership of business allowing the Search for your essay title.